Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bollywood goes Hollywood Ishtyle!!!

Living in a place like Surat (where English movies are rarely screened in English), you get to see a lot of English titles translated to Hindi. The creativity here generally knows no bounds.
So ‘The Storm Warriors’ suddenly becomes ‘ Toofani Mahasangram
‘Inception’ becomes ‘Chakravyuh
And Spiderman gets a new name ‘Makadi-Maanav

Well, if this can happen in a relatively small town like Surat, there would surely be places where Hindi movies would be screened in English. (The Englishmen should also get some bollywood masala in life ;) ;) )

So today I decided to just sit down and try my hand at some Hindi-English translation.

DDLJ : The Hearty People will take the Bride away

Kuch Kuch Hota hai: Something Something Happens

Hadd Kar di Aapne: You have Exceeded the Limits… (Oh really??!!!)

Hum tumpe marte hai: We Die on You

Humara dil aapke paas hai : My heart is with You.

Khoon Bhari Maang: Blood flooded partition on head.

Hum dil de Chuke Sanam: Honey, I have already given my Heart…. (wtf, who is that B$#%h!!!)

Ajab prem ki gajab kahani: Weird Story of weird Love.

Rang de Basanti: Paint it Saffron …….(Alright,This one is official name that was taken to the Oscars)

Dil toh pagal hai: The Heart is mad.

Awaara pagal deewana: Vagabond gone mad and crazy

Dil pardesi ho gaya: The Heart became foreigner

Main prem ki deewani hoon: Im crazy bout love…..(Im sure a lotta guys would looove this title ;) ;) ;) )

Mujhse dosti karoge: Will you do friendship with me….. (This one s dedicated to all the anonymous orkut/facebook requests that you get) :) :)

Dhai akshar prem ke: Two and a half alphabets of Love.... (eh?? doesnt the word love have 4 alphabets!!!)

Na tum Jaano na Hum: You don’t know and even I don’t know

Andaz apna apna: Everyone’s Own Style.

Salaam Namaste: Greetings in Urdu, Greetings in Hindi

Kya kehna: What to say!!

Khullam Khulla pyaar karenge: Make Love Open Openly

Jeena sirf mere liye: Live only for me……… (How selfish!!!)

Chal mere Bhai: Walk My Brother

Rab ne Bana di jodi: Heavenly Made Couple.


That’s all Folks!!! Hope you enjoyed that!!!
I could go on and on … But kya karein, jyaada angrezi hazam nahi hoti….kyunki

After all, The Heart is Indian [ Phir bhi Dil Hai Hindustaani ] :D :D :D :D

3 comments:

  1. ths is hilarious.. n m thnking abt all the fun u must hav had while penning them down.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. u bet.. me n my flatmate were up at it arnd 1:00am :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blood flooded partition on the head...!Toofani mahasangram..lol..Batta,I think u did an awesome job of it...reminds me of the titanic dialogues in Hindi,goodness gracious me..the most 'cheesy' romantic movie would have got the best comedy of the year at the oscars had it been presented in hindi..:P

    ReplyDelete